“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
– John Wooden
Emerging Leaders Coaching and Development
Our coaching and development lay out a clear path to help emerging leaders better prepare for what it takes to be successful in today’s continuously changing workforce and workplace. Using a unified model of leadership—vision, alignment, and execution—it focuses on developing self-awareness, knowledge and skills required to be an effective leader. A unique feature of JLA’s approach is we integrate diversity and inclusion concepts into all coaching, training and facilitation.
- Vision and Strategy
- Leading Inclusively
- Courageous Conversations and Feedback
- Leader as Coach
- Productive Conflict
- Team Building
- Self-Care and Development
- Recognize the priorities and tendencies, based on feedback from an individual style assessment and 360 that shape their approach to the fundamental work of leaders
- The know-how to create a vision, build alignment around that vision, and champion execution of the vision
- Awareness, knowledge and skills to lead effectively in an ever-changing workplace/workforce
- Ways to play to their strengths and overcome challenges to improve leadership effectiveness
- Identify strategies to develop preferred behaviors based on context-specific best practices
- One-on-one Coaching
- Classroom training
- Online program
Executive coaching is an action-learning process designed to support each client in maximizing his or her personal and professional potential. It involves a confidential professional relationship and a deliberate, personalized development approach that provides the client with information that engages the learning, insight, and commitment needed for growth and change.
Utilizing the latest research on management development, and expertise gained from over 20 years in the coaching field, our approach incorporates state of the art tools and techniques to accelerate a leader’s development.
JLA’s customized coaching program for the mid to senior level leader. Utilizing a philosophy of linking objectives, the system focuses on helping the leader acquire or enhance skills that improve their impact and contribute to the company’s success.
Rather than a “cookie cutter” approach,” JLA’s perspective is based on a customized Development Journey Plan that begins with a 360-degree assessment to help identify the specific tactics and methods that will guide the coaching.
Over the course of the coaching engagment, leaders participate in five types of activity.
- Pre-work: gathers background and work context information
- Clarification: revises developmental objectives, identifying relevant components, setting performance targets, and defining success indicators
- Baselining: assesses the leader’s current performance across a wide domain of leadership competencies
- Targeting change: puts all of the feedback and coaching into practice
- Refinement: involves constant updating and forward planning.
Work & Life Planning
What impact does having a greater sense of control over your life have on happiness, stress
The question we all must face is not if you will experience major changes in your life. The question is: “Will you be prepared to handle these changes?”
Life is about change and choice. While other programs focus on the financial aspects of change, our education begins with helping individuals prepare for their chosen transition. That may be a career change, relocation, semi-retirement or retirement.
Our program, Getting the Life You Want™, centers on the emotional and psychological aspects of change. We teach a transition process – a process that can be used for any type of life transition. The program is self-paced, allowing employees to work on them
No process can give all the answers. Only individuals can make the decisions about what they want. But, we can help build the framework to support the transition to the next phase of life and assist employees in addressing key life management issues.
Pre-Retirement & Life Planning Program
Two parts, each with a unique focus and agenda
Other Life Planning Services
Jonamay Lambert & Associates also offers coaching sessions when additional support is needed.